Sunday, June 22, 2008

South Beach Cookies!

Summer is here...I am still working on getting back to pre-baby form and have lost 14 lbs. so far. (Will my waistline ever fully recover at 40? I don't know, but I am trying to find out!) But now my Beloved Husband is on board and has decided to try the South Beach Diet - the new "Supercharged" book came out a month or so ago, and we bought it.

My weakness is dessert - cookies, cake, brownies, ice cream, chocolate - that little bit of sweetness in the evening...ahhhhh...so I've looked around for some SB-friendly dessert recipes. I ran across a great SB fan's blog, Kalyn's Kitchen, which I recommend if you want to search recipes as well as look at discussion and find inspiration about this particular diet.

Here's one that I have yet to try, but seems to get universally good reviews:

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients

* 1 cup Peanut Butter (trans-fat/low glycemic if possible)
* 1 cup Splenda
* 1 egg

Directions

Preheat over to 350. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine peanut butter, splenda, and egg. Mix until combined. Roll dough into walnut size pieces and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. With a fork dipped in more splenda flatten cookies. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes. Only 2 cookies per day allowed - Phase I.

Approx. 20 servings.

2 comments:

Kasia said...

Kit, is this the Betty Crocker you recommend? http://www.amazon.com/Betty-Crockers-Picture-Cookbook-Crocker/dp/0028627717/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2KS1PMH4DPJU0&colid=306HDQ819XU5K

That's the one I'm currently registered for...but if you recommend a different one, please, spill! :-)

Kit said...

That's a good one - mine was a 3-ring bound version, but much the same.

Don't worry, I gotcher back - and if I had your address, you'd have another book by Wednesday as a wedding gift! ;-)