Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Strawberry Dip

Forget the fat and calorie content...walk the dog an extra mile for this one!

Ingredients:

* 1 small tub regular or light Philly cream cheese (don't use fat free!)

* 1 small container sour cream (regular or light)

* 1 c. powdered sugar (more or less to taste and to desired consistency)

* 2 tsp. honey

* 1 tsp. vanilla extract (reserved)

* Lots of lovely fresh strawberries for dipping, washed and hulled!


Directions:

Mix above ingredients together, in order, with handblender until fully incorporated. Add vanilla last. Experiment with the proportions to suit your preferences. Chill one hour, stir, and serve!

(If serving at a party/buffet, place a whole strawberry in the bowl for identification purposes...or suffer the errant chip or veggie faux pas!)


YUMMY!

4 comments:

Kasia said...

What does one dip into this dip? I am dip-impaired...

Kit said...

Strawberries - or any fruit, really - which is why I say to put one in the bowl as a garnish if you serve it at a party (how nasty if someone swipes a dorito in it!)

Kit said...

Oh wait - I think I just "got" your question the second time around, or maybe I'm overthinking. Anyway. Make the dip by itself - the strawberries mentioned at the end are FOR dipping - not part OF the dip. I will edit the post.

Kasia said...

You did "get" my question the second time - not overthinking. I was thinking that the strawberries were ground up in the dip, not that they were dipped into the dip. :-) Like I said, dip-impaired.